Step by Step Test
Do you recognise what is happening to you?
- Are you ever afraid of your partner?
- Do you change your behaviour to keep your partner from getting angry?
- Does your partner frequently verbally abuse you ie: insults, belittling comments?
- Does your partner get jealous without good reason?
- Has your partner ever physically assaulted you or used threats of violence towards you or your children?
- Does your partner make all the financial decisions without consulting you?
- Do you find it impossible for you to freely express yourself?
- Does your partner restrict your access to friends and family?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above you may be a victim of domestic abuse.
Do not suffer in silence contact Guernsey Women’s Refuge on 01481 721999.